Monday 28 March 2011

from the church notice sheet

It was my turn to write something for the church notice sheet for April.  

My original thoughts were to write something about Andrew and how my life has changed this year.  Until a chance encounter with an old friend took my musings in another direction.

After I stepped back and read what I'd written I was proud of myself.  What I've written could have been written, last year or even in five years time.  It's not specifically about Andrew it's more appropriately about Easter.  


Easter is a time of death and resurrection, a time of new life and new beginnings something I'm beginning to embrace more readily.

It's another step forward and I'm still moving on!


An Unusual Easter Blessing

It was an unassuming, very ordinary mobile phone with no fancy features.  Left on the shelf for months, discarded twice in its life for a newer model.

Originally it was my phone, an upgrade from the “brick” that wouldn’t fit in my pocket.

Eventually the lack of a colour screen or ability to take photos made it less desirable.  However with a new cover it made a perfect first phone for our oldest son.

Inevitably he soon also wanted something more sophisticated and cool.

But our old phone has found new life in a most unexpected way.

A young man, I once had the privilege of teaching in Sunday School, put out a plea on Facebook for an old mobile phone he could use for work.  His job is as a youth leader.  

I caught up with him the other day and he explained my old phone’s new purpose.

It has become a phone for his youth group to text their prayer requests to.

My old phone number has been resurrected as a PRAYER HOTLINE!

This Easter praise God that he can make everything new and take all that we give him to use for his glory.

And remember when Jesus died on the cross and rose again he gave us all a direct prayer hotline to our Father in Heaven.

Hallelujah and Happy Easter!


1 comment: